Record a Voice Memo on iPhone or Android and publish it instantly as a broadcast on Alexa. Your audience will get a gentle notification on their Alexa device (e.g. Echo smart speaker) that there’s an update from you. Then they can say, “Alexa, ask [YOUR SKILL NAME] for the latest update.”
Below, we’ll cover:
1) a one-time settings tweak to improve quality
2) simple instructions for recording and publishing your mini podcast to Alexa.
This post has steps for iOS because the vast majority of our customers are on iOS, but the process is similar for Android: record on the Voice Recorder app and drop the recording into the Broadcasts page here.
1. Turn on Lossless Mode (iOS)
How to record iPhone Voice Memos in Lossless mode for maximum fidelity:
On iOS, the built-in Voice Memos app can capture perfectly fine audio, but you can improve it further. Voice Memos records audio in a compressed format by default, saving storage space but reducing quality. There is an easy one-time fix:
- Go to Settings > Voice Memos > Audio Quality and change the quality from Compressed to Lossless (tap Lossless so the checkmark appears next to it instead of next to Compressed).
- Tap Back to save your changes.
2. How to record a Voice Memo (iOS)
- Launch the Voice Memos app on your iOS device.
- Hold your phone upright about 6 inches from your mouth at a 45 degree angle with the microphone on the bottom.
- Tap the red circle on the bottom to record a new audio memo.
- Begin speaking within one second (then you won’t have to edit any dead air time).
- When finished speaking, tap the red square at the bottom to end recording.
- If you’d like to name the recording, select the recording and tap the ellipsis (three dots) on the left, then tap Edit Recording, and double tap on the name to change the text.
- To save to your device’s Files: select the recording, tap the ellipsis (three dots) on the left, then tap Save to Files. Suggestion: Tap the folder icon on the top right and name a new folder “WealthVoice Broadcasts” or similar.
3. How to Upload your Voice Memo to Alexa (Broadcast):
- Open your mobile browser (Safari or Chrome) and go to: https://app.wealthvoice.ai/skill/broadcasts/new (login if you haven’t yet)
- Add a Broadcast Title (a few words describing what your update is about)
- Tap the grey box under Upload Audio Clip to drop your audio file (see the first yellow circle in the screenshot)
- Tap Browse to locate and select your recording
- Scroll down to choose either Publish Now or Schedule to Publish in the Future
- If want to publish immediately, tap the green Publish Now button at the bottom.